Summit Athletic Booster Club Athletic Scholarship
One nonrenewable scholarship will be awarded to a graduating female and male student; the amount of each scholarship is $1000.00
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have attended Summit North High School for a minimum of 3 years
- Must have completed 3 sports seasons / 2 of which must be at the Varsity level (one of which must be the Senior year, only exception would be due to an injury)
- 3 letters of recommendation; letters are to be placed in sealed envelopes and seals must be stamped or signed prior to giving to the student
- One letter from a Summit Academy North High School Coach
- One letter from a Summit North High School Teacher
- One letter from someone outside of the school setting (cannot be a relative)
- Applicant must be accepted to a post-secondary institution at the time of the award
- Check will be written to post-secondary institution and student must provide invoice
- Parent/guardian must sign waiver for review of disciplinary and academic log for candidate to be eligible for scholarship
- Essay must be typed, size 12 font Times New Roman, double-spaced and in APA format.
- Essay must be between 1000 and 1500 words
- Pages must be stapled together.
- Please include your name in the top right corner of each page of essay.
- Essay and all required documents will be turned into the office and essays will be numbered by the office staff.
- Essay must be turned into the HS office NO later than May 1st
- How has participating in sports, prepared you for the next chapter in your life?
Scholarship winners will be determined as follows:
- Essays will be graded by a College Professor volunteering to assist the SABC.
- A committee will be formed which may consist of Booster Club Board members, Athletic Director, Coaches and staff members. This committee will review application for accuracy and score based on attached rubric
- In the event of a tie, essays will be reviewed by committee for relevance of the topic. If a committee member has a student that will be effected by this vote that member must abstain from voting
- Essay and completed application must be turned into the HS office no later than May 1.
Print Application: SABC Scholarship Application.pdf